tisdag 7 januari 2014

Compassion and Acceptance

Today I would like to touch another cool subject which is compassion and acceptance, I believe they both go hand in hand and are crucial keys to building a new world of peace. Before I start I would like to thank all people who supported, liked or read this blog yesterday when I did a post on facebook. It really meant the world to me and makes me want to write even more! So here I go.

Compassion and acceptance is something we are all taught, in school, in the home, basically anywhere in society. You are meant to be compassionate and accepting towards other people. However there is a small missing ingridient in this puzzle. I have always been trying so hard to be compassionate and accepting towards other people, most of the times I succeed and understand why they do what they do and why. But it has always come with a cost. I feel bad about it, I feel as if my mouth is in the mud and this particular person is about to put his/her boot on top of my head. I never really understood how to deal with this kind of situation because I never wanted to judge a person for what they did, it is simply not the way I roll.

And so my quest for the truth continued and one day I stumbled upon an article which was similar to this one. The message in the article was simple: Accept and have compassion for yourself, just the way you are, only then can you be accepting towards others. It may sound like a cliché but that was when I realized that the missing ingridient was right in front of me the whole time, or merely, inside of me. I started to tell myself everytime I bounced into a feeling that was saying to me that I wasn't good enough that infact, I am good enough and I accept myself for who I am. And after that the whole hell broke loose inside me!

What? Are you crazy? You are not good enough and you really can't accept yourself as you are, because you are worthless, stupid, dumb and yada, yada, yada.

This was a start of something huge, a breakthrough, something I had never touched before. Back in the days I dwelled within this voice in my head, I agreed and felt even worse. But this time I accepted the voice. And then slowly, one day at a time, the voice dissapated, it realized how good it felt to be accepted. And that is when you see the world with new eyes, you see a beatiful world because now you can accept it for what it is, it isn't worthless, stupid and dumb. I could now look into the eyes of friends and even enemies and accept them for where they were and what they were struggling with. We are all evolving and constantly learning from life and if we can accept that and have compassion towards ourselfs, the rest will follow in its wake.

Imagine a world where everyone accepts themselfs fully! There would be no misunderstandings and no judging. Everyone would leave space for one another to grow. The conflict between religions would end because in truth it does not matter. The wars would end because no man would see someone else as "less than" himself. This may sound like incredible news to some of you but it is not that far away, open your eyes and see that the times are a changin'. I personally have faith in this new world emerging, however it will not happen by itself, we need to claim our sovereignty and stand for what we know is right, not what we are told.

Hopefully you will find a peace of mind simply by reading these words. I sincerely hope so. I would also like to clarify that if you try to identify your own thought pattern in your life you will have some amazing experiences. You will find that you are capable of doing so much more than you thought, your creativity will increase and life will be a flow of sensations. Of course the struggle of life is still present, but it will not be in the forefront. I did not know I could write like this two days ago, yet I tried and here I am, I love this! Thank you for reading and feeling my words!

Peace,
Joacim

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar